Sunday, April 26, 2009

Things I wish I knew about Butley....

Have you ever wondered how much his head weighs?  Seriously.  He drops that thing like a boom and I don't think he has the first idea how very heavy and dense his head is!  I've tried to convince him that pillows are softer than  my shoulders/hips/back back I've not been successful.  The most obvious reason to allow his habit to continue is that his resting his head on something more firm than a pillow is that it keeps his airway open and he doesn't snore.  Not that the snoring bothers him, but a quiet Butley means everybody in bed gets more rest.

What is Butley's full name?  The one he's actually earned? How is it that I'm supposed to address a dog without knowing his full name?  For instance, Roggen used to be "Roggen, Roggen, Roggen."  Cadence is usually "Dammit Cadence."  Coffee Bean was "Belligerent Bitch" (trust me, Tag has nothing on belligerence relative to Bean.  Nothing.  Seems as I raise 'em that way, though, they aren't pushovers.)  So long as I'm going to sleep with Butley for the next month or so, I figure it is time I should know his full name.

2 comments:

  1. Butley has also been known as, in various locales:

    "Mr. Butley"
    "Herr Buttenshtern"
    "A-boot-ley"
    "Butthead"
    "Bannana-fanna-fo-butley"
    "Stinky butt"
    "Shlomo"

    and, more simply,

    "The Mayor..."

    ReplyDelete